The Association for PRINT Technology’s market research unit, PRIMIR, commissioned this study by Nima Hunter, Inc. to provide its members with credible baseline metrics and projectable consensus forecasts of vendor product manager opinions, expert opinions, prepress customer opinions and end-user opinions related to the adoption and use of new color and appearance management software and color measurement hardware over the 2017-2022 forecast period. The scope is limited
to markets in the U.S. commercial, in-plant, packaging, and wide-format inkjet for color management solutions, ICC profiling, and the preparation of prepress files.
Specifically, this study was commissioned to address the following topics:
· Companies focusing on color management solutions
· Color measurement hardware and color management software available
· Who is managing software and hardware system integrations?
· Industry accepted color management best practices
· Changes in color and appearance measurement technology
· Expected roles that iccMAX is likely to play
The study also identified and probed key stakeholders regarding additional color and appearance management technologies, trends, and topics likely to be pertinent to APTech members for potential future research.